Dog | May 31, 2022 9:53 AM | hangbony
Toad, a German Shorthaired Pointer, was outside near his Kuna, Idaho home when he saw a rattlesnake, according to ilovemydogsomuch.com.
He was caught by the rattlesnake, which bit him five times.
“As I approached him, I noticed a snake cartwheeling in the air, so I put him between me and the snake, and when I attempted to catch him, I made a terrible mistake because there were numerous snakes,” his owner, Fritz Brownell, told KTVB.
Toad’s owners took him to the vet right away, but the po.is.on had already taken hold, and he began bl.ee.ding from his lips and gums.
The vets soon checked him and discovered that he had been bitten on both sides of his face, as well as on his front left leg many times. He swelled up right away, but vets gave him an anti-venom shot.
His owners were worried that he wouldn’t make it, but he did.
As Toad recovers, his owners are encouraging other pet owners to be vigilant in areas where rattlesnakes may be present.
The best thing to do right now, according to Idaho Fish and Game, is to keep your pets on a leash while out walking in the foothills or desert.
Birds | January 27, 2023 8:54 AM
Birds | January 14, 2023 10:53 AM
Birds | January 10, 2023 1:54 AM
Copyright © 2022 hangbona.com
Powered by WordPress and Hangbona